Supportive Memory Care Services
We all cherish our fond memories. Holidays with family. Children’s birthdays. Vacations with loved ones. So, when a loved one begins to lose their memories as a result of dementia, it can be troubling.
On top of this, the person’s needs begin to change. At first, they may simply need a little extra help at home. As the disease progresses, however, additional support will inevitably be needed to keep the senior safe and healthy at home.
Grace Home Care offers professional memory care services that can help keep loved ones independent for as long as possible.
How Can Receiving Dementia Care at Home Help Older Loved Ones?
Receiving in-home Alzheimer’s care from a professional dementia caregiver can help loved ones in a variety of ways, including:
- Allowing them to remain in the homes they love longer
- Making sure the home is safe and secure
- Creating calming daily routines that reduce difficult behaviors
- Ensuring the individual maintains a healthy diet
- Keeping an eye out for changes in health
- Helping family caregivers get a chance to rest and recharge
- And more
Grace Home Care strives to help individuals with dementia continue to live life on their terms for as long as possible. To do this, we develop customized care plans that address the unique needs of each client we serve, meeting them where there are in the disease’s progression.
Our memory care services can include:
- Developing enriching and mentally stimulating activities
- Assistance with personal care such as eating, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Assessing the home for any safety issues
- Recommending home modifications to improve safety
- Cheerful companionship
- Exercise assistance
- Planning and preparing healthy meals
- Running errands and shopping
- Providing respite care for family caregivers
- And much more
Our dedicated caregivers have been specially trained in providing exceptional dementia care at home. Each of our care providers receive ongoing training through a nationally renowned training and certification agency for professional caregiver to ensure they are competent and confident in their roles as dementia caregivers and to ensure your loved ones receive the best care possible.
Find Out More About Our In-Home Alzheimer’s Care
If you have a loved one who could benefit from our memory care services, we would love to tell you more about how we can help. Give us a call at 785-286-2273 or fill out our online contact form and a member of our team will be happy to speak with you about your needs. We provide specialized dementia care throughout the Topeka, Kansas area.